Sunday, April 30, 2006

New York, New York

I’ve been seriously considering moving to NYC for a while. Two years at drama school is the plan du jour. It's something i've always wanted to do and never had the guts to do it. I'll have to sell everything (bed, couch, tables, all that apartment stuff), end my lease, quit my job and start again with only two suitcases. That in itself would be fine it's really the whole US visa crap that is the thing that freaks me the most.

I ended up on IM with Cherry last night and had to confess exactly what I was doing : searching Craigslist for marriages of conveniences...Oh save me, save me now!

Australia just has too many bad memories for me and I just can’t shake the feeling that I am in a parallel life to where I should be. Something like Back to the Future part II.

I’m in the process of applying for a new passport (the old one got soaked when I was in Venice back in 2002). Alas, there are not too many jobs wishing to sponsor in my line of work so maybe i'll have to jump right into the US debate with all the other illegals. Gasp* I've been checking out Mimi's article for tips of how to sneak under the radar.

Is anyone living in NYC at the moment?

4 comments:

KUYAZ said...

Just do it. Go for it. If I could, I would move to NYC in a heartbeat... I'll be there for a week in June and can't wait...!!!

Brooke said...

You would not believe this but after 3 years of entering, I WON THE GREEN CARD LOTTERY! I have to go through the whole application/interview process. They send out 100,000 letters but only provide 55,000 visas and it turns out you have to pay $AU975 at the final interview. But I got the letter out of 6.3 million people!!! NYC and drama school was always my dream too and now maybe it can still happen.

Lush said...

Raunchy I am so jealous. I entered the green card lotter again this year does this mean that they have sent out all the letters? Oh no, I still hold hope though. I'm hoping that I get the same chance. It's a dream come true really. What D schools are you looking into?

Anonymous said...

I live in NYC! It's raining here at the moment..... so i wouldn't come today.