Monday, July 03, 2006

This Song Shits Me


"I wish I Was a Punk Rocker With Flowers in My Hair."

Sandi Thom - do you even know what you are singing about?

Here's a news flash for you:
PUNKS DON'T WEAR FLOWERS IN THEIR HAIR.

I like the tune, I like your voice, I don't mind the song but my issue is that you don't really want to be a punk rocker you want to be a hippie.


Punks are a counter-culture formed in opposition to hippies. Hello? Green mowkawks, safety pins through their faces, black nails, the Sex Pistols, anarchists. Think the true London punks of the 70s, for quick reference even think the "Young Ones" but not for one minute should you think flowers in hair.

Admit it Sandi you really want to be a hippy don't you? It just had too many syllables and you thought that no one would notice if you slipped "Punk Rocker" through. WRONG .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellloooooooo good luck with ya application kick ass xxxx Mish

Zorro said...

I just told craig that I wouldnt write it like that and he says I am obsessive compulsive Mich

Lush said...

Ahh Mish aka fellow Dermalogica Face Mwardle. Finally a comment - keep them coming. Hair flick. Yeah, I'm done with the tape - it's not perfect but I just need to send it to NYC at this late stage.

Cherry! said...

Shit that pic of the stinking hippy is making me laugh my head off. He looks like he is on the good times, namely acid.