Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Farewell My Gucci


For two weeks I have been ponying about town feeling fabulous due to the new addition to my wardrobe: hot Gucci shades. It just feels like more people are looking in my direction when I'm wearing the dark masters.

Yes, it might well be because they are covering the majority of my face but whose to judge the much needed male attention? I'll take it as it comes thanks.

I'll level with you: I tend to lose sunglasses, scratch them, or break them. This time was meant to be different. I promised myself to keep the man magnets in the case when I was not wearing them. Till yesterday I succeeded.

This morning in my usual mad rush out the door I couldn't find them. The penny dropped. They are lost.

Why sacrifice the Guccis? Why not take something less essential?

I still hold a glimmer of hope that they will show up. I'll start calling around a couple of bars I was at last night. Meanwhile some lucky punter is probably ponying about town in my shades...

10 comments:

egan said...

Wow, the red letters with black background is hard to read. Any luck finding the Gucci shades? They have these really cool straps you can attach to your sunnies so you don't lose them. Just a thought.

Lush said...

No Luck. I've accepted that they are lost. It was a short time but a good time we spent together.

I'll re-jig the template soon.

egan said...

Aww... much easier on the eyes now. Sorry, I had to hit reply to comments to read the actual post before. Now, it's a cinch.

Darn, those pesky glasses got away. Is someone stealing them and then putting them up for sale on the internet?

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Delta is no longer part of you blog life!!!! Where has she gone?????? She def wouldn't have let you lose those babies
xxxx
DELTS

Lush said...

Delts is in Melbourne - she moved out and became a bogan!

I've heard she's had good luck with a pro AFL player and a farmer boy in a ute.

Melbs is totes the place to be.

The Phosgene Kid said...

sunglasses are a must in these parts, the sun is rough here. I usually buy crappity ones because I usually dah mine to the ground or lose them - smae for wristwatches. I never lose the cheapos.

Lush said...

I had a pair of cheapies for two years too. Oh, well - it's back to the bargain basement for moi.

KUYAZ said...

I have 5 crappy pairs that are mega-tres stylish you'd never know.
Don't spend the cheddar on brand names - not worth it. Get some nice stylish ones on the 42nd and Broadway ;)

Lush said...

That has been my philosophy for so long too - I thought it was time to branch out - I was wrong.

Cherry! said...

Stick with the brand names. Maybe one day you won't lose them!! How could you freaking lose them???????