Friday, February 17, 2006

Flat out Sharing

Over the past 6 years I've lived with 32 people in 11 different places. This spans 3 countries and 4 cities and does not include my summers spent sharing a platform tent with a Dutch and Israeli girl. 8 of these people are from my summer spent interning in London. My happiest time was in the ground floor apt in the London Docklands. Great apartment, great view, great people, great life!

My sitch now in Sydney has been an asshole of a ride. So far 6 people have lived in this 3br that we call resort style living. The roomie history for this apt goes like this. Drew and Sarah were here first and got me in. They remain cool esp Drew who is letting me house sit in Newtown next week. Cheers thanks a lot (I promise I'll be vegetarian while in the apt).

Flat mate replacement #1 was a personal trainer who lied about cash and moved out within a week. He's left his live in girlfriend to join our home and we suspect he went back to her. It wasn't us he was a shifty bastard who later told our friend sheen that he had to go look after his sick mother!

Had Drew not bumped the freckle muscled lad one morning we would have returned to an empty apt. 6 months later he still hadn't returned to collect his 25kg bucket of body builder protein powder or faux Aboriginal artwork (even though he called 3 times to arrange pick up.) This guy had a truck outside and was busy loading it while Drew was still in the apt. He saw Drew in the hall and less than 5 minutes later called him saying that he was leaving and would be out by night.

The Personal trainers successor had scored a job working for the government in the money laundering investigations department. This lemming had the government call me requesting my personal details and a list of every country I've ever been including exact dates. Screw that. Nobody has that information so I rejected this request in a not so polite way. The Lemming stayed in his room for hours and most of the time you wouldn't know if he was there or not. Freak.

The new generation here are busy starring in their own soapy. They've each dated the other's best friend and now after both being dumped, their best friends are dating each other. So all that is left to finish it off is for them to date each other or date their own best friend.

Side note: Michael Jackson's "Liberian Girl" is playing. I always thought it was "librarian Girl."

2 comments:

Cherry! said...

Do us posted re the soap opera! hahaha!

Lush said...

The soap opera is on a commercial break for now. As far as I know, no more swapping has gone on. I'll let you know.