Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pikers Pikers Everywhere

Pike #1*
Saturday - I had tickets and my former roomie Sarah changed her mind/ didn't return my calls. There is a whole story there but lets just say this is the final straw and her number is now permanently deleted from my phone. (not forgiven)

Luckily I offered myself up to a very sexy guy who wined and dined me. He picked me up from my apartment, drove me into the city in his convertible, bought me drinks and dinner etc. He is absolutely hot and yes the only downfall is that he is gay.

How unfair, if only I could sprout a cock, become a man, and date him I would. In fact he's good looking in a traffic stopping kind of way and it happened twice while I was in his presence. Who knew that really happened? He's My New Hero - but
Cherry Banchele is still up there and can incidentally also be named and shamed as a piker herself for her Italian weekend effort of "I'm not going to Venice with you and you can't make me."

In true Cherry style she blames the evil Maritza. Loves it. However, if it was to me Ms Cherry- I wouldn't loves it so much and your arse would be in Venice and having a damn good time sourcing out the saucy hot Italian sasuage.

Pike#2
This probably isn't a technical pike but I must name and shame myself. I was scheduled for an interview this morning. A 7.50am interview that is! Who the bollocks schedules an interview for that time on a Sunday anyway?
NOVA - the people who interview for English teachers in Japan, that's who. My alarm went off at 6am (way to early after getting back late from my faux date) and I was on the phone soon after spouting some bullshit reason as to why I couldn't make it. NOVA will be back next month but I'm sure my name has moved from the A list to the black list so we'll see if I'm invited back.

Pike # 3,4&5
Tonight is
Tropfest. The annual outdoor film festival in Sydney. Last year I didn't get to go because Sarah piked on me at the last minute (ooh, running theme here.) So I thought I would line up three different groups with the intention that one of them would surely show. WRONG.

After an all night sexathon my friend was simply too tired to make it (forgiven). Ex roomie Drew just landed from a week long business trip in Bali so he was out too (forgiven.) KJ didn't call either but lives far far away out of the city (forgiven). And now it's raining and the bloody festival has been called off early - that teaches the organizers for marketing it as going ahead 'rain, hail or shine.'

Next Week
Next Saturday is Mardi Gras. I'm going to the parade but am starting to sniff more pikers. The guest list is always long at the beginning but they drop like a glitter from a marching boy's shorts when Saturday night rolls around. I am going to that parade even if it's on my own.

*I can't remember any other terms for piker - it's a person who ditches out at the last minute.

4 comments:

yournamehere said...

I've never heard the term "piker" before. Thanks for the edjucation.

egan said...

Todd, I was going to say the same thing. These Aussies sure can teach us a thing or two about the English language. Gay guys tend to make us straight guys look bad. They are so romantic and shit.

Cherry! said...

Judith - I am piker! Hear me roar!

egan said...

Damn, I got to get to the root of this piker usage.