Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mortified by my Mobile

My V-day traumas continue. I was in the spirit sending a few texts here and there and was shocked when my ex-boss texted me "Happy Valentine's Day!"

What? It must be a group text as the one I got wasn't personalized. That's a bit cheeky. What the bollocks am I supposed to write to that?

It was about 20 minutes later when I stopped dead in my tracks and realized the error of my ways. Oh shite, she was responding to a text I sent to her. Fuckety, fuck.

I had written a text to a friend who bares the same name as my ex-boss and sent it to the wrong one. I have a flash back to my writing of the text in between phone calls while on assignment . Of course the note included my revival phrase "eat your heart out" and a bastardisation of her name.

I convince myself that I didn't send it. I remember the phone ringing but I don't quite recall the part where I press send. Maybe I didn't press send.

I used to have the proof of delivery function set on my phone but since I found out that they count as a text I cancelled. Clearly Vodaphone is at fault here. Bastards.

I place an urgent call to friend. No answer. I send another text asking for confirmation of my V-day wishes. The response stings "I hate to break it to you but you..."

I did all the right things; I listed (WORK) after the bosses name in the phone. The only reason she is still there to screen calls from her. I haven't used it I swear. This phone ettiquete is meant to be idiot proof (possibly). Jude proof, (No). Now it says BOSS great dirty big caps. B-O-S-S and then the name.

On the embarrasment scale of ex-boss relations this one just registers -clearly not the worst. Maybe I should send the number to the mobile phone graveyard where the number of my ex-personal trainer resides. R-I-P model/ actor /trainer number.

2 comments:

Cherry! said...

Mortifying? Yes. Granted. But still no competition for me as far as the 'Biggest Fuckwit' award goes....

Lush said...

Now that I know the story and since F to the O has been in contact. I think this one beats that one but it's small potatos. Bigger shit is sure to come...