Thursday, February 16, 2006

Market my Arse out the Door!

Week two of my marketing class and I've already quit. This wasn't via fax or phone or e-mail this was one of those grand exits -- walking out in the middle of class.

"Had ENOUGH have you?" the rotund Scotch teacher asks looking puzzled as I'm halfway out the door.

He's oblivious to the idea that his ranting could have offended anyone.

"I've had ENOUGH of your derogatory comments" I say flatly looking him right in the eye.

Ahh, the penny drops and panic sets in as he starts to plead "please forgive me" but I sharply cut him off "no, I don't forgive you" and keep walking.

He was telling the class how he was homophobic and started asking "What is a heterosexual anyway? (confused with the meaning of metrosexual) I can't tell the difference in Sydney between boys and girls. Poofters this Blah Blah Blah."

My blood was boiling, my heart was racing and my anger building. Frankly I could not believe what I was hearing. He continued on to say that "poverty is self inflicted." What the?

The second time he used the word "poofter" that was it. I was up and out of there like a bullet. I just couldn't take it any longer and someone needed to let him know that this was not okay.

Once I was out of class I paused at the end of the hallway to listen to the aftermath. He launched into damage control apologizing if he offended anyone. Sadly the class was silent but at least my ojection was noted.

Round two tomorrow. Jude calls the school...

2 comments:

Cherry! said...

LONG LIVE TONY BUSHBY!! (we should get t-shirts made up!)

Good for you Jude! I'd def be calling and writing to the school!

Lush said...

I called them today and they have strongly suggested that I take this to the next level as a formal complaint. There will be a meeting on Monday with the powers that be and i'll be getting a call.