Friday, May 12, 2006

Dead Sexy Clefty

.I heart my acting teacher.

He's got some kind of a nose thing going on (broken?) and possibly a cleft palette but I find him to be dead sexy. A beautiful face with scars and a gorgeous voice to match. Hey, the cleft palette thing works for Joaquin Phoenix so why not my hot new teacher aka"Sexy Clefty"?

By the end of the class he'd cast me as 'Anna' in a scene from "Closer." If you haven't read the play, she's the photographer character played by Julia Roberts in the film who's married to Clive Owen and having an affair with Jude Law.

Anyway, I saw a wicked sparkle in Sexy Clefty's eyes shoot over in my direction the moment he declared his love for the word cunt. Some of the other actors weren't such lovers of the 'c' word but it's their loss really. They need to get in a production of the 'Vagina Monologues' or get some hot gay male friends to help them get desensitized and start appreciating the versatility and usefulness of the word 'cunt' for any number of situations.

So, the reason I'm in Sexy Clefty's class to begin with this semester is essentially because I refused to leave.

My name was called out in my original class but I just couldn't handle another semester with a certain classmate. She's was absolutely doing my head in and is psychotic. She says she's 'psychic' but since she also claims that she lost her memory at 12 but now has 360 degree vision, even with her eyes closed, then I don't really think I can trust her understanding of the difference between 'psychic' and 'psychotic.'

Clefty didn't truly appreciate my situation and even after my desperate plea still asked me to go back to the other class but I simply refused and there really wasn't much he could do about it. Before I knew it class had begun, he had cast me as Anna and we were sharing a look from across the room over the 'c' word -- come to think of it maybe he was just thinking that I was a cunt...

5 comments:

egan said...

Do you love Joaquin the Dream Phoenix as well? My wife adores that guy. He's grown on me quite a bit. He's pretty talented and shit, but doesn't much recognition.

Lush said...

Joaquin "the Dream" Phoenix. Thanks Egan! I'm going to use that one from now on. Loving it. He sure is dreamy.

Unknown said...

I would very much like to see a well done play of closer. The movie I still don't know if I like. It was very well done, I just hated every charectore in the film. Well every charactor except for Portman's character.

I personally try not to use the C word, but if it was a performance I wouldn't have a problem with it. It wouldn't be me using it, it wouldn't be my word.

egan said...

I see a photo of The Dream now accompanies this post. NIce touch Lush. He's awesome in the movie Parenthood. That's one of my favorite movies. Have a great weekend.

Lush said...

Smalls,
My scene is a confrontation between the Portman and Roberts characters. Very juicy but cut from the film. Can't wait.

Egan,
Joaquin was known as "Leaf" when he was in Parenthood. I love that movie too.