Saturday, May 06, 2006

Who's the Biggest Loser?

My obsession with the Biggest Loser led to a gym phase (at least my Fitness First membership was no longer acting as a monthly donation)

Personal trainers at my gym were circling gym goers like sharks all of them waiting to prey on desperados like myself. One PT in particular (PT Gal) took a shine to me luring me into a false sense of security. She started with a string of innocent 'chats' I knew she was selling me so resisted.

Last year I had an extremely hot personal trainer who also happened to be an actor/model. I swear I didn't know this when I signed him up but I must say I wasn't dissapointed with his smooth advances. Anyway, this situation ended up with me out with him one afternoon knocking back a few too many vinos. We were supposed to go see a special advanced screening of a film but there was an embarrasing cock up with tickets (totes his fault but I was blamed) hence us ending up in a bar. It was very messy and needless to say I didn't enter the gym for quite some time after that. Shite. He was hearing the sounds of $$ while I was hearing something quite different.

Anyway, last week in my moment of weakness I finally gave in to PT Gal's lure signed up for a 'comp' session which is actually code for 'I will make you feel so guilty that you will have to take me on as your trainer.' I would love to have my own trainer on a daily basis but hello this is real life not Fantasy Lush Land. It was during this meeting that PT Gal revealed that she was actually the ex-girlfriend of the Trainer Model/ Actor guy aka my former PT. Apparently they lived on the Upper West Side together in NYC while he was off modeling.

"Well this isn't awkward at all then is it?" I though. I did my session with her and she wan't that fab so I'm not really wanting to train with her. But bloody hell I do feel guilty since she gave me the comp session and all. Backed into a corner again.

I'm half arsed considering signing up for Boot Camp (3 mornings a week for 4 weeks). It would cost the same as seein PT Gal. Actually, I pretty much know for a fact know that I won't haul my butt out of bed to be anywhere at 6am but maybe now I have a reason.

Speaking of magic, I'm still waiting to hear back from the hypnotherapist I met at Vipassna. Ooh, in that case Boot Camp or PTs won't be necessary at all. Hooray for hypnotherapy!

BTW this is day two on my binge fest bought on my well meaning colleague who left a candy bar on my desk. I was strong for about and hour then gave in. It was a slippery slope from there that later involved many doughnuts. Plus my roomie is selling Cadbury fundraiser chocolates so of course today I decided to donate to the funds three times. On finding this out she has now hidden the chocolate in her room with strict instructions NOT to go searching for them or I will find a nasty surprise. Maybe she has a sneaky sex toy box hidden away somewhere in which case of course I want to know what is hidden in there. It's a dangling carrot really...or chocolate...

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I had this great idea last year to buy a fitball and dumbells. "I will work out at home!" I declared. Four months later I think I can boast one session in the comfort and privacy of my lounge. Back to the gym for this little black duck. But boot camp? Root Boot Camp maybe...

Lush said...

Day 3 of my bing-o-rama. Yes, chocolate gelato was the main event. I also declare that I WILL go to the gym tomorrow especially since my chart now shows a +1.3kg.

onewaybanter said...

day-um girl. Cadbury chocolates are the shizz. Good luck with that.

KUYAZ said...

Food is good... yum. Food... yum. No food = no energy = blah.
Nice to see you bloggin' again.

Lush said...

Clauds,
I also heart the Cadbury's. Not really a Hershey's fan. UK chocolates are quite delicious.

Kuya,
Thanks for the welcome back wishes. I'm hoping for a juicy post after my hypno on Saturday.